Sunday, January 09, 2005

Best customer service EVER!!!...

Several months ago I dropped my iPod and have been without it ever since. On Friday, I finally broke down and went to the Apple store to see how much it was going to cost to get it fixed. Upon arrival, I was directed by an employee to log on to the store's network and sign up for a place in the customer service queue. It was easy and allowed me to then roam the store and play with stuff instead of standing in line. (Yes!! I hate lines.) Then, when my name was called, I handed my iPod to one of the apple geniuses and simply said "iPod no work. Don't know why." He told me that he'd take a look and that I could continue playing around in the store; he'd come and find me when he was finished. (Yes!! I hate waiting around.) When he came back (only ten minutes later) he said that he was "unable to fix it, (insert dramatic pause) so here's a new one!" What? Yes. It is the company's policy to give you a new iPod if yours is experiencing any trouble while under warranty. Awesome.

This is one of the reasons that I wil ALWAYS be a Mac user. Great product, sure, but a big part of my brand loyalty is the fact that Apple actually appears to give a shit about me. They get it.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you tell them you dropped it?

Stef

 

Post a Comment

<< Home